- You’re inherently curious and emotionally intelligent.
- You have 3-5 years of account management experience in a marcomms agency.
- You want to fast-track your marketing career and play a critical role expanding a start-up experiencing rapid growth.
- You’ll meticulously manage, and grow, the accounts of complex and meaningful big brands.
- True flexibility. You can structure your day and hours to suit your life, as long as we’re there for clients when they need us.
A bit about ULab
We’ve been operating for three years, and we’re growing astronomically. Why? Because we have a very different mentality, value proposition and approach to most agencies.
Everything we do is data-led, and these insights transform our clients’ marketing into a business investment.
Combined with our client-centred culture, it’s why some of the most recognisable brands, both here and in the USA, choose to work with us.
We’ve come a long way in a short time, and there’s plenty more ground to cover. We need someone to help us take that journey.
The role in a nutshell
This role is perfect for a brilliant human that is inherently curious and wants to accelerate their career.
You will work directly with the founder and your mandate is to accelerate growth. Your career will progress in unison with the growth you drive.
You have a proven ability to not only manage client relationships, but to embed yourself in their business. You will become their go-to, an indispensable asset.
You will have the support, freedom and flexibility to make this role your own.
This role is critical to growing our clients’ businesses and us with them. It’s definitely not another cog in a slow-moving corporate environment.
If you’re the dream candidate, you‘ll tick most of these boxes:
We want to make sure we’re as good a fit for you, and you are for us, so we can thrive together.
You have a strong agency background (marketing, social, PR, search or digital), but you want to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment where you’re truly empowered and valued.
You’re a right and left brain thinker – you seamlessly meld meticulous planning with creative problem solving. Additionally, you:
- Excel in building value-based relationships with clients.
- Love detail – including project managing client projects, reporting forecasting and budgeting.
- Are a first-rate communicator, and you nail writing accurate and succinct briefs.
- Are a team player but thrive working autonomously in our small, passionate team.
- Will use all the professional development budget allocated to you – and potentially ask for more!
- Will be pretty bloody good across at least one paid, owned and earned channel – and want to build your skills and knowledge across the entire ecosystem.
- Will bring fun, prioritisation, and creativity to our daily work and culture.
- Are highly proficient in MS Office. (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Probably have a degree in marketing, communications, media or psychology.
Your typical day will include:
- Being the face of ULab with clients – with the support of our senior leaders.
- Leveraging your meticulous attention-to-detail to manage client projects, campaign roll outs, communication, WIPs, budgeting, reporting, invoicing etc.
- Project managing client output across data analysis, search, journalism, PR, social and content marketing.
- Working on and supporting the development of pitches and proposals.
- Identifying and creating effective growth opportunities for our clients and ULab.
- Understanding and pushing the boundaries on what we offer.
- Helping out planning our marketing if you have any down-time – i.e. digital content, social media, our website and monthly EDM.
Why you want to be part of the ULab crew:
We understand people don’t live to work. We don’t care about your age, gender, sexual preference or background – we embrace diversity. On top of that, you’ll get:
- A good base, plus performance incentives as we grow. (We believe in rewarding those who are with us from the start.)
- Our clients love us as much as we love working with them – we have a net promoter score of 48 (which is pretty much unheard of).
- True flexibility – you can work from home or the office. It’s your call.
- You can structure your day and hours to suit your life – hello, working mothers! – as long as we’re there for clients when they need us. (We have kids too.)
- A co-working space in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD (for when you do decide to come in the office).
- A tight-knit, legendary team that is having fun and kicking arse.
- Active mentoring from the founder and others in our network of peers
- You will work alongside some of the best marketing minds and clients globally.
- You can help shape the culture and the future of an agency.
Hell yeah, I want to apply – tell me how
We want to know what makes you tick as a person, and to ensure that you love our six rules as much as we do. Don’t bother with a cover letter. Instead, please email your CV and your answers to the four questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can write your answers or record a quick video on your phone (we don’t need high production quality).
- What’s the best thing you’ve done in your life so far?
- Which of our six rules most resonates with you, and why?
- Which paid, owned or earned channel do you have most experience with?
- What do you want to be doing in five years? (We don’t care if it’s trekking Nepal or running a company – we’ll help you get there.)
This role is located in Melbourne.
If you are not Australian or have permanent residency, you must hold a valid Australian working visa.
No recruiters please.
Other yarns you might enjoy
We think our eDM Story Lab
is pretty cool – hopefully you
do too. Sign up here:
We think our eDM Story Lab is pretty cool – hopefully you do too.